Monday, February 17, 2014

Mentally shot

New house exhaustion has set in. One of the upsides of having a bigger house is that friends and visitors come and, well, visit. Combined with the summer holidays, this week is the first time I've caught my breath. Since Christmas, we have been away from home for about 20 nights, had  visitors for 10 nights and had our friends and the kids friends drop by on the few spare days we have had left. My last 6 weeks has consisted of packing and unpacking and washing sheets, towels etc ready for the next wave.

Am now very appreciative of my nice quiet house, although I have absolutely loved catching up with people. Just need a small break.

Until the builders and landscapers come back again.

This week.

sigh.

In the meantime, Geoff and I are about to start on a new diet, will let you know how that goes. Even without the diet I have pleasingly lost 3 kgs since Christmas, so all those visitors are doing me good!

And one of my Fav scrapping sites has restarted. Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge is up and running again, and although I am currently not on the team, was very glad to play along, loved this sketch by Anne.


And I have gone for the chalk board look - bit of fun.


Henry is a vanilla ice cream connoisseur. Every place we go, he tries the local fair (the best we have found so far was surprisingly in Cambodia, which also had the worst btw). He was horrified on our first night in Auckland when we went to a boutique ice cream place and they didn't have vanilla. What sort of ice cream shop is that!! (pretty bloody good actually, Giapo's in Queen st, mmm).

Anyway, the next night we ended up at Movenpick, a Swiss based ice creamery - Most excellent as well and the vanilla rated 10/10 by Henry. Too bad they don't have a store in Canberra. Or probably a good thing for my diet.

That's all for now x



10 comments:

Anne Pennington said...

Karen - you made my heart sing to see your name up on the blog with this layout. Love your creations - and this is no exception. Loving your title, your chalk embellies and the whole thing!!! Whenever life calms down again come back to your home team!!! I'll always have a spot for you, chickie!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

LOL!! Yeah...get back to where you belong at AFSC!!! This is a stunner...just did mine today, not up for a while...I am soo glad they're back....& I hope life gets a bit more Zen in it for you!!!!

Dolly B said...

It's a 10 ! A fun , happy layout. What a fun mission to be on. Your layout is very cool, so glad you join in on the challenge
Mary

Mitralee said...

I think that is quite the subject of study! Ice cream tasting! I do like some vanilla myself! Well, with hot fudge! congrats on your weight loss, that ROCKS, and that paper you used, simply lovely! NICE JOB!

Val-Belle said...

Yikes this is gorgeous. JUST my style... I love the chalk on the black... how did you do that? love this...

KarenB said...

LOVE this Karen, the chalk board effect is amazing. Go Henry, can't beat good old vanilla :)

Catie said...

Absolutely loving this LO! The chalk effect is just FAB! Thanks for joining in and I look forward to seeing more of your work :)

Mieke said...

Love your take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along

li-bee-ti said...

So good to 'see' you again! and playing with AFSC is great :).
Your lo is fab! love the chalkboard and the white doodling on it. Great story too :).
Thank you for playing with us at AFSC.

Eli said...

A really strong interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at AFSC. Eli